Reblog: Haven’t heard from The Rude Pundit for awhile.Posted: October 17, 2012
“Asskicker-in-chief.” I love it.
- For most of the 100 minutes or so, Obama was not the usual punk-ass Democrat, trying to find places to agree with the Republican. Instead, he was the asskicker-in-chief, taking Romney and the audience to school again and again. If this had been the first debate, we’d be talking about how big a landslide the president would win by. But it wasn’t. And while Obama will still eke out a victory, it would have been nice to have put it away.
- Obama said, “Governor Romney was a very successful investor. If somebody came to you, Governor, with a plan that said, here, I want to spend $7 or $8 trillion, and then we’re going to pay for it, but we can’t tell you until maybe after the election how we’re going to do it, you wouldn’t take such a sketchy deal and neither should you, the American people,” and that was the kind of pimp slap that’d make even the most hardened pimp flinch in sympathy. Everyone is talking about the Libya/”acts of terror” moment as the key. That was orgasmic in its pure evisceration of Romney, but, really, Mitt didn’t recover after this smacking.
- The “show him the rabbits” pathetic moment was when Romney chanted, “Government does not create jobs. Government does not create jobs,” like a child having a fit on the supermarket floor.
- It bears saying that if Mitt Romney became a governor in 2003 and didn’t know any women who could take a position in his administration, then Mitt Romney has never given a damn about women he can’t fuck.
- Romney kept saying that Obama didn’t “file a bill” on things like immigration. Because if Romney had said that something didn’t pass, then that opens the door to saying that the Republican senators are a bunch of assholes who care more about preventing an Obama victory on anything than on helping the nation.