I’m not one to blather about holidays.Posted: November 23, 2012
Not even Thanksgiving, though I like it better than Christmas. But this Thanksgiving is turning out much, much better than I ever could have imagined.
- Four-and-a-half days away from the office.
- New upgraded computer to replace one that just crashed.
- Local computer guru was able to salvage my Nova Scotia pics and other files off the crashed one. (Mad props and a shout-out to Keith Thelen of Kanabec Systems.)
- Unexpected and timely gifts.
- My sister Kathy got a job after nearly a year of searching.
- I got to share turkey dinner with wonderful people.
- I get to spend three mornings doing the thing I love most.
- Best post-Thanksgiving Day breakfast, ever.
- Other amazing news I won’t share, but is known to a select few.
And though that is all quite awesome enough, and this next one is nowhere as significant, I just found out:
- Great Big Sea are coming to Saint Paul this March.
I probably should buy some lottery tickets today. I know it’s as maudlin as hell, but it seems like there’s a lot for me to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Holidays haven’t always been a barrel of laughs. And many of 2012’s developments have sucked, quite frankly… with a few exceptions… so I’m most thankful for reasons to anticipate a turnaround in the works.
Thanks, Big Guy. Always got my back.